Frequently Asked Questions
If you can not find the answer you are looking for or if you have any further queries contact Tina Merrion by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 9069 4099
About the transformation process
The process of transformation can take less than a year or it can take three years or more. Each school moves forward at its own pace but in each case the process includes the same stages:
- The consultation stage involves information being provided to the Board of Governors, school staff, parents and local community.
- The formal process can be initiated in two ways. Either the Board of Governors can decide to hold a parental ballot for transformation, or parents can sign a petition requesting the Board of Governors to hold a ballet. The DE Transformation Information Pack states that the process will begin if the Board of Governors receive a signed request by a number of parents of registered pupils at the school equal to at least 20% of the number of registered pupils at the school on the date on which the request is received.
- If the parents vote in favour of transformation, the school submits a development proposal to the Education Authority and the Department of Education for consideration.
- There will be a two month consultation period during which time relevant supporting data from the school (including an Action Plan for Integration) will be lodged with the Department of Education.
- If the proposal is approved by the Department, the school will begin taking steps towards integration. This is a continuing journey for the school.
About how transformation may affect your school
Your support will remain completely anonymous until 20% of parents at the same school register their support. Then and only then will your school be informed of your preference. This will take the form of a private petition to the school on behalf of all the parents of your school who have registered on this website.
You will be provided with regular updates and further information only if you have given your permission.
Further information about transformation and Integrated education can be found on the following websites: